Traveling is an experience that is enriching in ways more than one. Whether it is for a honeymoon trip or going on a soul searching journey on your own, the reasons to travel will be endless. Regardless of why you are going out for a trip, it will be an opportunity to discover new culture, which can change your life in an instant. With this, there are many people who travel to encapsulate culture in a photo. If you are into travel photography, keep on reading and learn more about the destinations that are worth your visit.
Before we proceed to the destinations that must be in the bucket list of anyone who is into travel photography, it is important to keep in mind the following tips to make sure that you will be able to capture the best shots:
- Be friends with the locals. This will provide you with better knowledge about the place and will give you a glimpse of its authentic character, which can be reflected in your photos.
- Choose the right timing when shooting. Is it early morning or late in the afternoon? Make sure to consider lighting conditions.
- Do not shoot in haste. Do not act as if you are being chased. Take time to enjoy the view and it will not take long before you can capture the perfect shot.
- Use a tripod. This is one of the most basic tips in travel photography, but also one of the most commonly ignored. This will make it easier to take stable and clearer shots, especially at night.
- Make your own photo blog. Do you love taking photos when traveling? Do not let the pictures be left unseen. Starting your own photo blog will be an opportunity to show others your talent.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Known as the Kingdom of Wonder, the most photographed site in Siem Reap is the Angkor Wat. Situated in a huge complex, this temple is one of the most revered views in the region. Aside from the Angkor Wat, there are also nearby temples that are equally amazing, such as the Bayon Temple.
Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
For those who are looking not just for a travel photography experience, but for a thrilling adventure as well, Kenya is going to be an excellent pick. This is one of the best places to photograph African wildlife. There are lesser driving restrictions to its safaris and they have competent guides who can make sure you will have a safe trip.
Known as The Floating City, it has beautiful canals, bridges, and of course, masks. One of the best ways to capture amazing photos is to ride a gondola. You can also easily explore the city through walking, providing you with the opportunity to capture the daily grind to show how the locals live. Visit during the Carnival of Venice for a more memorable experience.
When you speak of Caribbean islands, Cuba is a good choice for travel photography. One of the best things about Cuba, Havana in particular, is that it presents an excellent contrast between the old and the new, allowing you to capture photos that will be reflective of ingenious and contemporary culture.
India is more than just the Taj Mahal. In Jaipur, you will have an endless selection of majestic views to photograph, with the most popular of which being the several intricate and floating palaces. The structural beauty of the place is just overwhelming. More than just architecture, the general lifestyle of the people and their rich tradition also deserves to be documented through well-snapped pictures.