In 1500, the first pinhole camera has been introduced, which served as the inspiration for the models that are to come out in the succeeding years. In 1900, the Reise Camera was developed and was considered to be the first true portable camera because it is lightweight, compact, and can be folded. The Polaroid Model 95 came out in 1947, which made it easier to have the photos made available in print. In 1975, Kodak came up with the first digital camera. In 2000, another major innovation took place. The Sharp J-SH04 has been introduced, a cellphone with a tiny camera. This has signaled the marriage between a camera and a mobile phone, which became more popular with the introduction of the first iPhone in 2007. From that time, until now, cameras have transformed. From being bulky, they are now handy and could easily fit in your pocket.
Best Camera Phones of the Year
To prove that mobile phones are the new camera of the modern age, we will list down five of the best today and look at their top-notch features, with focus on their camera.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5: This is one of the newest smartphones to date. While the camera is outstanding, one of the major problems is its size. It is too big and can hardly fit in the palm of one’s hand. One-handed operation can be difficult. This premium phone comes with a premium design, and obviously, a premium price. It comes with a 16-megapixel rear camera and 5-megapixel front camera. It also comes with an Auto HDR feature and optical image stabilization, making it possible to make every shot Instagram-worthy.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge: When it was released earlier his year, hopes were high that it is going to dominate the market. It featured a radical change in design from the previous models. The unibody design takes out the removable battery and SD card. It is now also made of more expensive and sophisticated-looking glass and metal. Performance-wise, it did not fail to meet expectations. The native camera app is laid clean and can shoot at 16 megapixels from the back and 5 megapixels from the front. There are various on-screen controls and editing features to challenge your creativity. If you want to take a selfie, there is a sensor at the back, which will make the phone automatically snap a shot of you.
- Apple iPhone 6: Being a leader in innovation, Apple never fails to captivate the attention of the public in every smartphone that it brings to the market. The iPhone 6 is an example of how they can bring frenzy to their loyal fans. From design to performance including camera quality, it is a favored brand. It comes with the newly-developed A8 processor, which is known for being quicker. The camera also undergone significant improvements. With the improved auto focus, it will be easier to focus on your chosen subject. It has what they call focus pixels, which made the camera better than previous models. The rear camera is 8 megapixels.
- LG G4: Although it may not be as popular as Samsung and Apple, LG is another brand that is redefining cameras in mobile phones today. This brand is their flagship phone and there is no wonder why it is filled with powerful features. The big screen has a sharp display, which means that pictures will also look better when viewed. The camera also has a 16-megapixel resolution. One of the most advanced features of the camera is its ability to shoot in JPEG or raw file format.
Read more “Mobile Phones: The Camera of the New Era”
In today’s time, traveling is never complete without pictures. Whether they are to brag to your friends about your holiday or simply to keep memories from your trip, a camera should never be forgotten. For some, their mobile phone is enough to capture beautiful memories. For others, however, they need to have an actual camera. In this case, if you are looking for the best camera that you can bring in your travels, keep on reading and we will let you know some of the best brands and models that can be taken into consideration.
GoPro Hero 4
The following are some of the main features of this camera:
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Professional Audio Performance
- Auto Low Light Mode
Compared to the other models that are mentioned in the rest of this post. GoPro Hero 4 is an action camera, which explains why it is significantly smaller. This is the perfect choice for people who are adventurous and on-the-go. It comes with a rugged case that makes it perfect for thrilling activities, such as diving, sky diving, and motocross, among other adventures you can have on your trip.
One of the best things about the Hero 4 is its connectivity. You can use the small remote to have it controlled. Alternatively, you can download the GoPro app on your smartphone and use it to control the device, as well as in viewing the photos you have captured. Read more “Top 5 Cameras for your Travel”
Today, more than ever, a lot of people are being hooked with photography, considering it as their “hobby”. For some, it can be considered as a genuine interest, especially those who invest a lot in their equipment and those who consider it as their main source of income. For others, however, their photography skills are limited to what their smartphones can snap. Don’t get me wrong! There is nothing bad about it. In fact, I am one of the first ones to admit that I take countless photos every day, especially when I am on a holiday. In an era that is dominated by the internet, especially social media, has photography changed? If yes, in what ways? Keep on reading and learn more.
Photography as a Business
In today’s modern time, social media provides a platform not only for photos to be uploaded and seen, but also to start a business. Many people who have photography skills sell their phots as a product or as a service with the help of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other Read more “Photography in the Age of Social Media”